10/14/11

Rural Women Rock!

Hello, my name is Lacey and until this moment, I have been a secret blogger. I realized this a few weeks ago when I started talking with my friend, Kasse. We have known each other since the wee days of grade school. After seeing her posts on facebook about an exciting venture she was starting, I immediately wanted to be a part of it. She posted her story about starting Rural Women Rock and the facebook page that accompanied it. I took a deep breath and posted my link. Then I hit enter before I chickened out.

For about a year I have been posting on this blog. I needed a place to journal everything going on in my life. It's easier for me to get things accomplished if I think someone is paying attention. The blog started about weight loss and then I started tossing in tutorials of the crafts I was making. Now it is sort of an addiction. Trying to get something posted at least once a week. The funny thing about the whole thing is that no one but my youngest daughter and my husband knew anything about it. But today is my stepping out day. People I know in real life will be able to have a direct line to my real struggles, obsessions and weird little quircks.
If you do not know me, let me share just a bit. I am a 36 year old christian mom, wife, nurse and all around crafty girl. I have lived in the same town my entire life (as a lot of rural people have). The first memory I have of farming was sitting at the top of the combine steps and riding with my dad in the hot sun. The fun part as a kid was dropping off the wheat at town so I could get a free soda. After my dad passed away 2 years ago, my  mom took over the entire farm.  The whole process of farming is more than I could have ever imagined. I don't think a lot of people really understand all of the work involved. Living rural gets a little lonely from time to time and I think that's how my crafting began. I love to sew and have an obsession for pretty fabrics. When my youngest daughter was born I started Stinkbug Designs. This gives me an outlet for all things creative.

After my dad passed away I decided that I needed to lose weight and live the healthiest, happiest life that I could. And so, the blog began. And then Kasse and her amazing idea came along. I am honored to be able to be featured on Rural Women Rock. I am stepping out and am hoping that YOU do too! If you don't have a blog, it is so easy to start. It takes ten minutes to sign up. If I can do it, anyone can! Post about the things you love, the things you create, the things you WANT to create. I cannot wait to see you as a future Rural Women Rock contributer very soon!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment