9/19/11

My project for U Create challenge ~Tohoku Pattern~

I've been wanting to do a project from U Create FOREVER. This months challenge was a bag made with the pattern from I Am Momma Hear Me Roar. The bag she had posted looked a little difficult because there is a pleat in the front. Her tutorial and directions walk you right through it, though. I really think anyone could make this one. For the fabric I used a baby lulu velvet that I've been saving for just the perfect ocassion. The red velvet went really well with the texture of the lulu. The lining I used is from an estate sale I went to last week. At first I thought it would look odd together but it really looks quite smashing.

I meant to make this as a Christmas gift but I really think I'm going to have to keep it! The pattern is only three pieces and didn't take long to make at all. Instead of the straps she made, I decided to use just one strap. I also made the strap ruffled to add a little more frilliness. The pattern also called for a different inside pocket. Mine is a zippered pocket sewn into the lining. Since I made it for me I also added a makeup bag so the inside wouldn't get dirty. If you are the crafty type, I encourage you to follow and try the challenges! I'm already looking forward to next months!!

U Create

2 comments:

  1. Your bag is one of my absolute favorites! I love the color combination and the mix of patterns. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great projects you have here!!! Im a new follower from MBC....when u have a minute please visit
    www.captaincooksblog.com
    Thanks!! Karen

    ReplyDelete