8/8/11

Goal Board Tutorial

I was reading about Muhhamad Ali and going over some of his quotes. He has a quote: "WHAT KEEPS ME GOING IS GOALS." that I fell in love with. So I was thinking, if it works for Mr.Ali then I will be more attentive to my goals! I came home and made this swanky way to display my goals. I call it a GOAL BOARD. Here's how you can make your own. I had all of these items in my craft room so it was absolutely FREE.

My mom had some remodeling done this winter and I saved some of the boards (Is this called craft hoarding?). If you don't have a random board hanging around you can get the perfect size you want at any home improvement store. After laying out a huge piece of freezer paper (to protect my table), I began by painting the board. This handy sponge (i call it a dabber) is GREAT for the sides and covers it well.

Using a piece of scrapbook paper and some stamps I got for a dollar at the flea market for a dollar, I began stamping. As you can see, I am not a pro stamper. Just do what you love with the colors and stamps you like. If you don't have stamps or don't want to stamp you can simply write out the quote.
For the glitter text I painted a LOT of paint onto the stamp and poured glitter on after stamping it onto the paper. This turned out very well and I wish I would've made them all glitter. I glued the entire page onto my board and let it dry overnight.
Next, I had my husband pull the binder out of an old three ring binder. Next time I will buy the metal part at home depot or similar store. I warn you that getting it out is a BOOGER. After you rip the binder out, use two small nails and nail the binder onto your board. The holes are in the center of the metal binder.
I made pages on microsoft publisher with the number that I weigh all the way to my goal number. Example: 172, 170, 168,166,164,162,160
Each number has a quote with it and DATE GOAL REACHED so that I can save it to see my progress. You don't have to have any fancy programs and can just write out each goal if you'd like an easier way.
After using a 3 hole punch, open and add the pages to the binder. Add hangers to the back of the board and hang in a prominent place. As each goal is reached, remove the page to see the next goal.
This does not have to be done with weight. You can add financial goals, destinations, bucket list, the sky is the limit!
Here are some great goal quotes I came across:

"Goals allow you to control the direction of change in your favor."
Brian Tracy

"There is no achievement without goals."Robert J. McKaine

Goals in writting are dreams with deadlines.
Brian Tracy

"This one step - choosing a goal and sticking to it - changes everything." Scott Reed

"People with goals succeed because they know where they're going." Earl Nightingale

I find it fascinating that most people plan their vacation with better care than they do their lives.Perhaps that is because escape is easier than change.
Jim Rohn

"If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else." Yogi Berra

"Go for the moon. If you don't get it, you'll still be heading for a star." Willis Reed

The establishment of a clear,central purpose or goal in life is the starting point of all success.
Brian Tracy

"It is those who concentrate on but one thing at a time who advance in this world."
Og Mandino

"Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success." Stephen A. Brennan

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Did you make a goal board? I'd love to see!

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea! Now I know what I'm making for my motivation wall in front of the treadmill :D

    ReplyDelete