7/4/11

Splenda Lemonade & Stand pics!

I found this amazing old stand on the side of a business, it was green and said 'slushy' on the front...so the owner sold me the stand and we refurbished it. I'm so proud of it! Hubby painted the pink and yellow and my mom did the lemons and text. I realize this isn't much of a 'healthy' post but we did make two types of lemonade. We had regular and SPLENDA. I squeezed over 50 lemons to make the lemonade, we actually ran out of the splenda within about 30 minutes. Both tasted VERY good!


I bought the straws off of etsy and printed off the tiny banners after adding cutesy text

Hubby hiding in the shade


My daughters chillin' at the stand.

I know it was probably wrong of me but I wanted to make something that would withstand Oklahoma heat. I found this recipe for SMORES IN A JAR. I DID taste them and if I were to do it again I would add more chocolate. (FYI)
I do not want to think about the calorie count in those....so without further ado, the splenda recipe!
 

INGREDIENTS

  • 5 cups water
  • 1 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
  • Ice cubes for serving

DIRECTIONS

  1. Stir water, lemon juice, and SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener in a large pitcher until the SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener dissolves.
  2. Serve over ice, garnished with the mint and lemon, if desired.
Next time I will make a LOT more, it really tastes amazing and got rave reviews!


HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment