4/21/12

Hair Extensions. Oh yes, I did!

****GRAINY PICTURES AHEAD!!!*****

 WHY FAKE HAIR??

The past few months have been sad for me. This is the year that my oldest daughter is graduating high school. I see all of my friends post about prom and all the exciting things that go along with senior year and I just want to cry. Perhaps I'm selfish, I just would've liked to have gone through all of the steps that seniors to go from high school to real life. Since my oldest daughter lives 3 hours away, this is pretty impossible. I'm trying to keep positive and focus my attention to the family that I have with me and not try to stress so much. :) My 9 year old will be a senior in the blink of an eye, so I'm trying to squeeze every single second of it and spend as much quality time that I can.
Also, I'm 37 now. I might be going through a mid-life crisis a little early but I didn't google it so I'm not sure I can diagnose myself. I have no plans on finding a boyfriend, and I haven't bought a convertible yet (but I need to admit that I looked at the sticker information on a convertible cadillac that was sitting in the mall) so maybe I'm just working on my bucket list.
Lots of family members and friends throughout my life have had long, flowing locks. I have a loooonnngg face though, and most of my life it's been WIDE so there are not many times my hair has been long and when it did, it didn't look great. I guess I need to blame pinterest too, they have all of these boards with pictures of long, beautiful hairstyles, and it just made me REALLY want to grow my hair out.
Since I have zero patience, I went to YOUTUBE and searched 'extensions'. After deciding that I didn't want to shell out about $600, and I didn't want a ton of little plugs in my hair, I decided on clip in extensions. Lots of reviews are online and youtube. I stumbled across My Fantasy Hair after reading a good review. They also have a thicker hair, which means it weighs more. All the others I looked at had a very low weight, and my hair is super short so I needed a thicker hair since I'm not filling in. So today I get the hair in and it really felt like Christmas. It matched exactly with the color of my hair and it's SO THICK. I hung it from tulle and styled it which took about 30 minutes and then I put the wefts in. Instructions for putting them in are all over youtube.
I'm pretty stinkin' proud of myself for this just being my first time. Of course I'm way to scared to wear them in public right now but if we go somewhere or actually go out I will test them out. My husband LOVES them, but he is pretty biased and always says he loves everything. Of course I have only had these for 8 hours, but so far my opinon of this brand is all A's. It is incredibly thick and it brushes well. The curls didn't stay very long but I used a low heat and only a couple squirts of chi helmet head.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that life is just so stinkin' short. If you want to buy a big 'ol bag of hair extensions and try them out, DO IT. Who cares what people say? I care. But I like feeling pretty too. I doubt I'll have 'Looked like a goofball with extensions' on my headstone.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure if you are aware of indian hair but I believe after several reviews about this amazing product you are able to weigh advantages of this amazing product just like my wife tends to praise this stuff.

    ReplyDelete